How to apply for a UMGC Grant
Before starting the application process, take time to read the grant guidelines to be sure your organization qualifies.
- After January 1, Use the form below to obtain a preapplication. You can also email UMGC and request a preapplication form.
- Fill out the preapplication form and submit to UMGC by the first business day in April.
- Board members will review the applications at the end of April.
- If selected to fill out a grant application, one will be emailed to you around May 1.
- Grant writing classes will be offered throughout the summer at various times at the UMGC office or by Zoom meetings.
- Private one-on-one classes may be set up by simply requesting one.
- Completed applications will be due in the UMGC office by the last business day of August.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Those receiving grant awards will be announced in the first part of October.
- Grant awards will be presented the fourth Monday in October at the Casino Queen, Marquette.
General UMGC Grants
Please complete this brief form and then you will be routed to the Grant Preapplication page.
Dollars for Scholars Grant
Clayton County Dollars for Scholars programs are eligible for this special grant award.
Please note: These are the ONLY organizations eligible for Dollars for Scholars grants.