How to apply for a UMGC Grant
Before starting the application process, take time to read the grant guidelines to be sure your organization qualifies.
- After January 1, click on the button below to start the online preapplication process.
- The preapplication must be completed by the 19th of April.
- Board members will review the applications at the end of April.
- If selected to fill out a grant application, you will be notified around May 1 with instructions how to submit the application online
- Grant writing classes will be offered during the summer months.
- One-on-one classes may be set up by simply requesting one.
- Completed applications will be due in the UMGC office by the last business day of August.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Those receiving grant awards will be announced in the first part of October.
- Grant awards will be presented the fourth Tuesday in October at the Casino Queen, Marquette.
Dollars for Scholars Grant
Clayton County Dollars for Scholars programs are eligible for this special grant award.
Please note: These are the ONLY organizations eligible for Dollars for Scholars grants.